How Does Avran kill viruses?
Avran is Patented technology which has been proven to kill viruses, bacteria, germs and other pathogens as has been tested and certified by a laboratory that is accredited by the National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories (NABL).
Avran can kill 99.999% virus and bacteria in five minutes only.
This is a 5 log reduction. (Log reduction) is a mathematical term that is used to express the relative number of living microbes that are eliminated by disinfection.
Log reduction = log10 (N0 /N)
N0 = colony forming units of the microorganisms before exposure to UV light
N = colony forming units of the microorganisms after exposure to UV light
For example, a 1 log reduction corresponds to inactivating 90 percent of a target microbe with the microbe count being reduced by a factor of 10. Thus, a 2 log reduction will see a 99 percent reduction, or microbe reduction by a factor of 100, and so on. Table 1 (below) shows the chart of log reduction.
Effective disinfection systems achieve the desired log reduction factor by ensuring that the process delivers a microbe-specific UVC dose.
It has 5 levels of protection.
- Nanoparticles – using the power of nano technology, the solution contains nanoparticles which are dispersed in the coating and they help in continuously killing the germs for a long period of time.
- Halamines – They contain; Nitrogen which on contact kills the pathogens immediately.
- Coconut & Lemon Extract – These have been used for a long time, derived from nature for their anti viral and anti bacterial properties.
- Molecular Daggers (quats) – They act like daggers on the surface which pierce the pathogen structure upon contact.
- Cationic Matrix – The entire coating contains positive charges which are from the polymers that are used to form the coating. This attracts the negatively charged bacteria and virus particles and draw them to the kill.
Benefits of Avran over other disinfectants
- Alcohol free. – Non-flammable liquid safe to use on surfaces.
- No toxic gases. Safe to use in commercial and residential environment.
- Continuous killing for 15 days due to the coating which remains after drying and surfaces remain protected even with regular cleaning.
- Can be used on any surface.
- Comes in a convenient spray bottle which effectively coats surfaces evenly without causing damage to your equipment. Contains no corrosive elements which will harm electronic devices when they are switched off. Do not use on live electric equipment.
- Versatile application methods. Can be sprayed directly, applied with wipes or brushes or cloth and for commercial installation can be used with an electric mister for faster application and quick drying.
- Avran is a wide spectrum germ killer. Not specific to viruses. It is also effective in killing bacteria and other pathogens.
How to prove Avran really lasts for 15 days.
The Avran team have devised a scientific method for checking the effectiveness of Avran.
Using a specially developed dye which reacts by changing colour to the active pathogen killing ingredients of the product, they illustrate that the product remains effective for 15 days. If the dye is sprayed on a non-treated surface it does not change its violet colour. If it detects the active ingredients then it changes to blue. This test is carried out on commercial surfaces which are used regularly and cleaned in the usual way.
How to use Avran – Do’s and Don’ts
- Ultra fogger. Best method for even spray and quick drying application of Avran.
- On glass and other reflective and clear surfaces – use a cloth and spread evenly to prevent white spots which happen due to over spraying of the product on the surface
- Electronic devices – Make sure to turn off any electronic devices before spraying Avran as it does contains water. Once it has dried which is usually within 10 to 15 minutes, the devices can be turned on again safely.
- Can be sprayed on clothes and fabrics. Will not stain or discolour the fabric.